My 4yo thought my ashwagandha gummies were fruit snacks... send help (and maybe a lockbox)
So I left my bottle of ashwagandha gummies on the counter after my morning dose (I know, I know). My 4-year-old, who has the stealth of a ninja, apparently climbed up and helped herself to "the yummy purple candies." I found her in the living room, happily chewing on her third one. I freaked out and called poison control (they said one or two is fine, but watch for drowsiness). She's now napping like a rock. Meanwhile, my husband tried one and said it tasted like "earthy dirt wrapped in a gummy bear" and refused to take them. So now I have a kid who wants them as snacks and a spouse who won't touch them. Any advice? Also, does anyone else's family have this problem??
Oh man, been there. Not with a kid, but my girlfriend grabbed my ashwagandha gummies thinking they were her melatonin gummies. She took two before bed and slept for like 12 hours. She was late for work. Now I keep them in a locked drawer. As for the texture, tell your husband to try a different brand. Some are way too gritty. I use the ones from Costco, they're smoother and actually taste like blackberry. But yeah, kids + gummies = disaster waiting to happen. Maybe get a child-proof cap if it doesn't already have one?
Dude, I feel you. I do intermittent fasting and sometimes take ashwagandha gummies to help with stress during my window. My 6-year-old son saw me eating them and now calls them 'Daddy's special candy.' I had to sit him down and explain they're medicine. He still begs. I ended up buying him his own gummy vitamins (the ones with cartoon characters) so he leaves mine alone. Worked like a charm. Also, has anyone noticed that ashwagandha gummies can break a fast? I'm not sure if they have calories or not. Might be a dumb question, but I'm curious.
Thanks for the replies! @SupplementSteve97 I'll look into Costco ones. The bottle does have a child-proof cap, but apparently my kid is part raccoon and figured it out. @FuelFrank675 that's a good idea about the decoy gummies. I might try that. And re: breaking a fast, I think most gummies have a few calories from the gelatin and sweetener, so technically yes? But I'm no expert. Maybe someone else knows. Also, update: the kid woke up from her nap and is totally fine. Just very cuddly. No more gummies for her though!