Can I take my B12 gummy with coffee?? Also mixing with iron gummies?
Hey everyone! So I'm doing paleo (day 12, feeling amazing btw) and I just got these B12 gummies. My question is kinda two parts lol. First, can I take them with my morning coffee? I heard coffee messes with vitamin absorption or something?? Second, my husband got iron gummies and I'm wondering if I can just take both at the same time to save time in the morning. I'm exhausted by like 2pm every day so I'm hoping the B12 helps. Any advice appreciated!!
Welcome Cathy! Ok so, first off: coffee and B12 is totally fine. B12 is pretty hardy, it doesn't really care about coffee. Some people say caffeine can mess with absorption of certain things but B12 isn't really one of them. What you DO want to watch is taking it on an empty stomach vs with food - some folks get a little nauseous on empty but thats about it. BUT the iron thing is different. DO NOT take iron and B12 at the same time if you can avoid it. Iron competes with absorption of other stuff and honestly its just better to space them out. Take B12 in the morning, iron at night or with lunch. Also pro tip: iron absorbs way better with vitamin C, so take it with a glass of OJ or something. Been gummy-ing for 8 years, trust me on this one.
Girl YES to the B12 gummies, they changed my life. I do CrossFit 5x a week and was dragging HARD until I started B12. @GummyGuru519 is right about the iron thing. I made the mistake of taking my iron gummy and my B12 gummy together for like 2 weeks and felt nothing. Once I split them up (B12 in AM with coffee, iron at night) it was like night and day. Also Cathy if you're tired at 2pm on paleo, are you eating enough carbs?? Not trying to be that person but paleo can be rough on energy. The B12 will help but it's not magic lol.
Omg thank you both!! Ok so new plan: B12 gummy with morning coffee (yay, I was worried I'd have to give up my coffee lol), iron gummy at dinner with some citrus. @GlowGigi379 honestly you might be onto something with the carbs... I've been pretty low carb. Maybe I'll add some sweet potato back in. Thanks for looking out! One more q - how long till the B12 actually kicks in? I'm impatient haha
Usually 1-2 weeks to really notice a difference if you were deficient, but some people feel it in a few days. Just be consistent with it! And make sure your gummy actually has methylcobalamin or cyanocobalamin in a decent dose. Some of the cheap ones are basically candy with a sprinkle of B12 lol. Check the label!