Weird side effect from B12 gummies - super vivid dreams?

IvyIron95September 16, 2026
I
IvyIron95
Sep 16, 2026, 12:43 PM

Hey all, I've been taking these B12 gummies for about a week now (the berry flavor from that popular brand) and I've noticed my dreams have been INSANELY vivid. Like, I'm talking full-on movie plots, sometimes lucid. It's not unpleasant, just... weird? I'm a marathon runner and started B12 to help with energy, but this is a side effect I didn't expect. Anyone else experience this? Should I be worried?

N
NatureNancy230
Sep 16, 2026, 02:02 PM

OMG yes! I thought I was the only one. I take a plant-based B12 (since I'm vegan) and ever since I switched to gummies, my dreams have been wacky. Not nightmares, just super detailed. I read somewhere that B12 can affect melatonin or something? Not sure. But you're not alone! I kinda like it though, it's like free entertainment at night lol.

H
HubermanHopeful993
Sep 16, 2026, 03:07 PM

Interesting! I haven't noticed the dream thing, but I did notice my taste buds changed. Like, coffee tasted weird for a few days after I started B12 gummies. It went away though. Maybe it's the gummy base or sweeteners? Some people are sensitive to certain ingredients. As a foodie, that was a bit alarming, but it passed. Vivid dreams sound cool though—maybe I should pay more attention to mine.

N
NectarNina327
Sep 16, 2026, 01:58 PM

I've been taking B12 for months (not gummies, the sublingual drops) and no crazy dreams. But my urine is like neon yellow! That's from the B vitamins, totally normal. Maybe the gummies have a different absorption? Could be the dosage? How much are you taking, Ivy? I'd check the label. If it's high, maybe cut back a bit. But if it's not bothering you, probably fine. Just stay hydrated!

I
IvyIron95
Sep 16, 2026, 06:03 PM

Thanks for the replies! Good to know I'm not alone. NatureNancy230, I'll have to look into the melatonin thing. HubermanHopeful993, that's wild about taste changes—glad it went away. NectarNina327, I'm taking 1000 mcg, which I think is pretty standard? I'll try cutting back to every other day and see if the dreams chill out. But honestly, they're kinda fun. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy!