Weird side effect from B12 gummies? Vivid dreams and bright urine?

VitalVince224September 11, 2026
V
VitalVince224
Sep 11, 2026, 07:56 PM

Hey everyone, I've been taking these B12 gummies (1000mcg methylcobalamin) for about a week now. I've noticed two things: my pee is like neon yellow, and I've been having super vivid dreams. Like, I woke up swearing I was in a sci-fi movie. Anyone else? Is this normal? I'm not complaining, just curious. Also, my taste buds seem a bit off? Like coffee tastes different? Maybe I'm imagining it.

D
DewyDaphne
Sep 11, 2026, 08:27 PM

Omg yes! The bright urine is totally a thing. It's just your body flushing out excess B vitamins, specifically riboflavin (B2) if your gummy has it. But B12 alone can make it brighter too. As for the dreams, I work night shifts and take B12 to stay awake, and I've had some crazy dreams. I think it's because B12 affects your sleep cycle? Not sure. But you're not alone!

G
GummyGuru519
Sep 11, 2026, 10:38 PM

I've been taking B12 gummies for years and never had vivid dreams. But the bright urine? That's classic. It's harmless. Maybe you're just more sensitive? Or maybe it's the methylcobalamin vs cyanocobalamin? Some people say methyl B12 gives them weird side effects. I stick with cyanocobalamin, the old school kind. Works fine for me.

T
TendonTom185
Sep 11, 2026, 11:35 PM

Ah, the neon pee! Takes me back to my college days when I'd take those mega-dose B-complex pills. My roommate thought I was radioactive. LOL. As for dreams, I've heard anecdotes but nothing scientific. Could be coincidental? Or maybe you're just paying more attention. Either way, if it's not bothering you, I wouldn't worry. But if you're concerned, maybe cut back to half a gummy and see if it goes away.

V
VitalVince224
Sep 12, 2026, 12:04 AM

Thanks for the replies! Good to know I'm not dying. I'll try halving the dose and see if the dreams chill out. The bright pee is kinda funny, not gonna lie. I'll keep you posted if anything changes. Cheers!