Collagen Gummies on sale at Costco - steal or lower quality??

LunarLily566September 10, 2026
L
LunarLily566
Sep 10, 2026, 11:05 AM

Hey everyone! I was at Costco today and saw these Collagen Gummies (the brand is Vital Proteins I think?) on sale for like $15 off. That's a huge discount! But now I'm second-guessing... is it because they're lower quality or expiring soon? I'm a busy mom and want to make sure I'm not wasting money on junk. Anyone tried these? Are they legit? I usually buy from our local health food store but this price is tempting. TIA!

F
FuelFrank675
Sep 10, 2026, 11:59 AM

I've been doing IF for a while and collagen is a staple for me. I actually got those same gummies at Costco last month. Honestly, they seemed fine to me. The price drop is probably just a warehouse deal or they're clearing out stock for a new packaging. I didn't notice any difference in quality compared to the ones I got from GNC. But full disclosure, I'm not super picky about supplements as long as they don't break my fast. These have like 1g of sugar per gummy, so I just factor that in. If you're worried, check the expiration date on the bottle. Costco usually has good turnover, but sometimes they clearance stuff thats close to date.

C
CrystalCathy810
Sep 10, 2026, 01:07 PM

Hmm, I'd be careful. I bought a similar deal at Target once and the gummies were all stuck together and had a weird aftertaste. Not sure if it was the batch or what. I prefer to stick with brands I trust, even if it costs more. But that's just me. I'd say if you can return them easily, go for it. Costco has a good return policy. Just don't expect miracles from a gummy - most collagen gummies have lower doses than powders. So if it's a steal, it might be because the dosage is low. Check the label for how much collagen per serving. If it's less than 2.5g, I'd pass.

L
LunarLily566
Sep 10, 2026, 01:50 PM

Thanks for the input! I checked the label and it says 2.5g per serving. That seems decent? And the expiration is like 8 months out, so not super close. I think I'll grab a bottle and test it out. If they're gross, I'll return them. @CrystalCathy810 I'll let you know if they're sticky! 😂

F
FuelFrank675
Sep 10, 2026, 07:05 PM

2.5g is pretty standard for gummies. You should be fine. Let us know how they taste. I found they were a bit chewy but not terrible. I usually take them with my morning coffee. Also, pro tip: if you have a Costco membership, sometimes they have additional coupons online. Worth checking before you buy in-store.