My 4yo ate a whole jar of collagen gummies thinking they were candy! 😳

LunarLily707September 14, 2026
L
LunarLily707
Sep 14, 2026, 02:57 PM

So I bought a jar of those berry collagen gummies from Costco last week. Left them on the counter this morning while I was making breakfast. Next thing I know, my 4-year-old has somehow reached them, opened the child-lock lid (how??), and eaten like half the jar. She said they were 'the bestest candy ever.' Now I'm freaking out. Are they dangerous? Should I call poison control? She seems fine but I'm worried about vitamin overload or something. Also, does anyone else's kid do this? I thought the texture would gross her out but nope. Help!

Y
YogurtYuri358
Sep 14, 2026, 04:00 PM

Oh no! First, don't panic too much. Collagen itself isn't toxic, but check the label for added vitamins (like biotin, vit C, etc.) and other ingredients. Most gummies have like 2-3g of collagen per serving, and a serving is 1-2 gummies. Half a jar could be a lot of sugar and maybe too much of certain vitamins. I'd call poison control just to be safe – they're free and super helpful. For the future, I keep mine in a locked cabinet. My kids are older now but I've heard so many stories like this! Hope she's okay. Keep us posted.

R
RhinoRich
Sep 14, 2026, 06:41 PM

Lol my wife did this last month. She's 34. Ate like 6 gummies because they tasted like fruit snacks. She had a stomach ache but was fine. But a 4yo is different. Definitely call poison control if you're unsure. Also, pro tip: get the unflavored ones or the ones that taste like dirt (some brands do). My kid won't touch those. 😂

L
LunarLily707
Sep 14, 2026, 03:42 PM

Update: I called poison control and they said the main concern is the sugar and possible GI upset, but since she's not showing symptoms, just monitor her. Phew. But yeah, I'm switching to a locked drawer. Also, she now thinks gummies are a food group. Send help. 🙃

Y
YogurtYuri358
Sep 14, 2026, 11:01 PM

Glad she's okay! And yeah, the struggle is real. Maybe try the gummies with a less appealing flavor? Or just keep them hidden. I hide mine in my sock drawer. Works until they find it. 😅