Traveling with collagen gummies – melt risk? TSA? Need tips!

SupplementSteveSeptember 16, 2026
S
SupplementSteve
Sep 16, 2026, 11:17 AM

Hey everyone! I'm heading on a 3-week trip next month – flying to Denver, then road trip through the Rockies, and some hiking. I take collagen gummies daily for skin/joints. Anyone have experience transporting them? Will they melt in a hot car or checked luggage? And what's the TSA situation – do they count as liquid? Any storage hacks? Thanks!

S
SolarSam170
Sep 16, 2026, 12:55 PM

TSA is usually fine with gummies, they're solid. But I've had issues with them melting in a hot car – especially if they're fruit pectin based. My advice: keep them in a cooler or insulated bag. Also, if you're keto, watch out for added sugars in some brands. I switched to a sugar-free collagen gummy and they seem more stable. For hiking, I transfer them to a small silicone bag to save space.

U
UrbanUma336
Sep 16, 2026, 01:25 PM

OMG I took collagen gummies to Florida last summer and they turned into a sticky blob in my carry-on! 😩 Definitely don't leave them in a hot car. I now put them in a small insulated lunch bag with an ice pack, but TSA might flag the ice pack if it's not frozen solid. Also, some gummies taste gross when warm – mine got super chewy. If you're hiking, maybe try the powder instead? Just my two cents.

M
MangoMia215
Sep 16, 2026, 04:23 PM

I'm paleo and I've traveled with collagen gummies a lot. They do melt if it's over 80°F. I usually pack them in a glass jar (better than plastic) and keep them in my personal item. For TSA, I've never had a problem – they're not liquid. But if you're worried, put them in a clear bag. Also, check the ingredients – some have maltodextrin or other junk. For hiking, I'd suggest freezing them beforehand? Never tried but heard it helps. Let us know how it goes!

S
SupplementSteve
Sep 16, 2026, 01:05 PM

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely use an insulated bag and maybe freeze them. I didn't think about the sugar-free vs regular – I'll check my brand. I'll report back after the trip. Appreciate it!