Elderberry gummies are basically candy now?? Sugar bomb rant
Okay, maybe I'm just old school, but I remember when elderberry supplements came in these dark, syrupy tinctures that tasted like tree bark. Now every brand is pushing 'elderberry gummies' that are 3g of sugar per serving. That's not a supplement, that's a Starburst with a marketing degree. My kid begs for them like they're fruit snacks. Are we just candy-fying everything for convenience? Rant over.
I feel you, but as someone who does 16:8 fasting, I can't be chugging syrup at 10am. The gummies at least let me get elderberry in without breaking my fast too hard... though yeah, the sugar spikes are real. I switched to a sugar-free version but now it's got maltitol and my stomach hates me. Convenience always comes with a tax, I guess.
Dude, I work night shifts and my sleep schedule is already wrecked. I'm not gonna stand in the kitchen measuring out elderberry syrup at 4am when I get home. Gummies are the only reason I actually take anything consistently. Is it ideal? No. But neither is eating gas station sushi at 3am. You do what you gotta do.
Zack, fair point about consistency. I guess I just hate seeing 'supplements' that are 60% corn syrup and 2% actual herb. Feels like a scam for people who don't read labels. But you're right, if a gummy means you actually take it, that's better than a perfect tincture you never open.
Exactly. And let's be real, the 'purity' of tinctures is sometimes overrated too. I've had some that were basically alcohol and water. At least with gummies you know what you're getting, even if it's sugar. Just gotta find a brand that uses tapioca syrup or something. Anyone got recs for low-sugar elderberry gummies that don't taste like chalk?