Magnesium Gummies at Costco – Deal or Dud?

OrangeOscar393September 13, 2026
O
OrangeOscar393
Sep 13, 2026, 05:00 PM

Yo, just saw a big ol' tub of magnesium gummies at Costco for like $15. Normally I pay double at the health food store. Is this a steal or are they cutting corners? I need my magnesium for recovery after WODs. Anybody tried these? Don't wanna waste my money if they're weak.

S
SproutSid305
Sep 13, 2026, 06:11 PM

OMG I literally just posted about these on my IG story! The Costco ones are actually pretty decent. They're magnesium citrate, which absorbs well. The cheap ones sometimes use magnesium oxide, which is garbage. Check the label. If it says 'citrate' or 'glycinate', you're good. If it says 'oxide', put it back. But for $15? That's a steal if it's citrate. I use them for sleep and cramps. Game changer.

O
OrganicOlivia668
Sep 13, 2026, 07:16 PM

Med student here. Just a heads up: gummies in general have lower elemental magnesium per serving because they need the sugar and gelatin to hold shape. So you might need to take more to hit your RDA. Also, some cheap brands use oxide because it's filler. But Costco's Kirkland brand is usually legit. Compare the elemental magnesium per gummy to other brands. If it's like 100mg per gummy, that's decent. But if it's 50mg, you're just eating candy. Also, check for third-party testing. But for $15, it's worth a shot.

O
OrangeOscar393
Sep 13, 2026, 06:42 PM

Thanks guys. I checked the label – it says magnesium citrate, 200mg per gummy. That seems pretty solid. I'll grab a tub next time. Appreciate the help!

S
SproutSid305
Sep 13, 2026, 06:08 PM

Nice! 200mg per gummy is actually really good. Just don't take too many at once or you'll be living in the bathroom. LOL. Let us know how they work for you!