Started omega-3 for sleep, but my anxiety vanished?? Anyone else?
So I started taking these gummy omega-3s like 3 weeks ago because I read they help with sleep. And yeah, sleep is a little better, but the weirdest thing happened: my constant low-grade anxiety is like... gone? I'm not a doctor, but I swear these gummies are doing something to my brain. I'm a total meditation rookie (like, I use an app and still suck at it), so this is a big deal for me. Anyone else experience this?
Dude, that's awesome! I started taking omega-3s for my joints (I do a lot of DIY stuff, lots of kneeling and lifting) and I noticed my mood was way better. Didn't even think about anxiety, but now that you mention it, I haven't had a panic attack in like 2 months. I just thought it was because I finally fixed my garage door lol. But maybe it's the fish oil? I get the gummy kind too, the ones that taste like orange.
I'm paleo so I'm super picky about supplements, but I've been taking a high-EPA omega-3 for inflammation. My skin has been glowing like crazy, and I swear my stress levels are lower. I read that EPA is more for mood and DHA for brain, but honestly, who knows. Cathy, what brand are you using? I wanna make sure it's not full of sugar. Some gummies are basically candy.
Med student here, not a doctor yet, but there's actually some science behind this. Omega-3s (especially EPA) have been studied for anxiety and depression. They're not a cure-all, but they can modulate neurotransmitters. Also, sleep and anxiety are linked, so better sleep could reduce anxiety. But don't stop any meds without talking to your doc. That said, if it's working for you, great! Just watch your dosage. Most gummies have lower omega-3 than capsules, so check the label.
Thanks for the replies! Daphne, I'm using the 'SmartyPants' ones, they have a decent amount of omega-3 but also some sugar. I'm not paleo so I don't care lol. Victor, thanks for the info! I'm not on any meds, just trying to chill out naturally. Rich, that's hilarious about the garage door. Maybe we're all just reaping the benefits of fish burps and better brain chemistry. 😂