Weird side effect from omega-3 gummies? Vivid dreams and fishy aftertaste??

GummyGuru491September 12, 2026
G
GummyGuru491
Sep 12, 2026, 02:10 PM

Hey everyone, I've been taking these new omega-3 gummies for about a week now (the fruity ones from that brand we all know). Lately I've been having super vivid dreams—like, I'm talking full-on movie plots every night. Also, I swear my taste buds are off; everything tastes a bit... fishy? Even my morning coffee. Has anyone else experienced this? It's not bad, just weird. Wondering if I should switch back to capsules.

F
FitnessFanatic801
Sep 12, 2026, 03:20 PM

OMG yes! I thought I was the only one. I started taking omega-3 gummies to help with recovery after workouts, and bam—vivid dreams galore. Last night I dreamed I was a salmon swimming upstream. Not even kidding. As for taste, I haven't noticed fishy coffee, but I did burp once and it tasted like the ocean. I just deal with it because the gummies are way easier to choke down than those giant horse pills. How long have you been on them?

N
NatureNancy731
Sep 12, 2026, 05:20 PM

Interesting! I'm an amateur chef, so I'm all about flavors. I've been using omega-3 gummies for a few months now. The vivid dreams? Totally normal—I read somewhere that omega-3s can affect melatonin or something. But the fishy taste? That might be the gelatin or the fish oil itself. Some brands use inferior oil that can go rancid. Check the expiration date and maybe store them in the fridge. Also, try taking them with a meal—that helps with absorption and might reduce the aftertaste. If it persists, switch brands. I recommend the ones with a citrus coating. They mask the fishiness pretty well. Good luck!

T
TendonTom598
Sep 12, 2026, 05:04 PM

Yo, GummyGuru, I feel you on the taste thing. I'm super picky about flavors, and I noticed that after taking omega-3 gummies, my taste buds get all out of whack for like an hour. I once ate a strawberry and it tasted like sushi. Not cool. But the vivid dreams? Haven't had those, but I do get super relaxed. Maybe it's the chamomile in the gummies? Anyway, I switched to a different brand that uses algae oil instead of fish oil—no fishy taste at all. Might be worth a shot if you can't handle it. What brand are you using?

G
GummyGuru491
Sep 12, 2026, 09:14 PM

Thanks for the replies, everyone! Glad I'm not alone. FitnessFanatic801, I've been on them for about 10 days now. NatureNancy731, I'll try taking them with food and check the expiration—didn't even think of that. TendonTom598, I'm using the 'Ocean's Bounty' brand. I'll look into algae oil ones. The dreams are kinda fun, but the fishy coffee is killing me. Might just switch to capsules if it doesn't improve. Appreciate the tips!