My kid thought the gummy vitamins were candy... now he won't touch the powder!

FuelFrank252September 14, 2026
F
FuelFrank252
Sep 14, 2026, 02:25 PM

So I usually get the gummy vitamins for the family, right? My 5-year-old, Leo, loves them. He calls them his 'fruit snacks'. Well, last week I switched to a powder form because I heard it absorbs better and no added sugar. I mixed it into his yogurt. He took one look and said, 'Daddy, why is there sand in my yogurt?' I tried to explain it's vitamins but he's having none of it. Now he's refusing all yogurt. Any tips? Or should I just go back to gummies and risk him OD-ing on them? LOL.

R
RhinoRich218
Sep 14, 2026, 02:48 PM

Dude, powders are the way to go if you care about the environment. All those gummies come in plastic bottles. But yeah, kids are picky. Maybe try mixing it into a smoothie with strong flavors like banana and peanut butter? That usually masks the texture. Also, have you tried the brand 'EcoVits'? Their powder is super fine, no grit. My niece didn't even notice.

M
MindfulMila147
Sep 14, 2026, 05:09 PM

As a fitness pro, I always recommend powders for adults, but for kids, it's tricky. Texture is a huge deal for little ones. You could try mixing it into applesauce or a thick smoothie. Also, talk to your pediatrician about dosage—some powders aren't meant for young kids. If he's refusing, maybe try a chewable that's not gummy? There are some good sugar-free chewables out there. Don't force it, though; you don't want to create a food aversion.

W
WaterWillow519
Sep 14, 2026, 04:49 PM

Oh honey, I've been a nurse for 30 years and I've seen it all. Kids will eat anything if you call it a 'magic potion'. Try putting the powder in a little bit of juice and let him stir it with a fun straw. Make it a game. Also, check the flavor—some powders are bitter. If all else fails, just go back to gummies but keep them out of reach. My grandson once ate half a bottle of gummies and we had to call poison control. Scary stuff. Good luck!