Weird side effect from powder? Vivid dreams and metallic taste?
Hey all, I've been using a powdered multivitamin (berry flavor) for about a week now. I've noticed two odd things: my dreams are super vivid and weird, and everything tastes a bit metallic, especially in the morning. It's not unpleasant, just strange. Anyone else experienced this with powders? I switched from gummies to powder to cut down on sugar, but this is unexpected. Any insights?
Dude, I've been on the road with powder packs for months. The metallic taste is usually from high-dose minerals like zinc or iron. Check your label. As for vivid dreams, could be B6 or magnesium. I had crazy dreams when I took ZMA. Maybe your powder has similar stuff. It's harmless but trippy. If it bothers you, try taking it earlier in the day.
OMG yes! I thought I was the only one. I use a green powder blend and my taste buds have been off. Coffee tastes like dirt now. And I've been dreaming about cooking weird recipes. 😂 I think it's just your body adjusting. Maybe try mixing it with juice instead of water? That helped me. Also, stay hydrated! Metallic taste can be dehydration.
Thanks for the replies! I checked the label and it has a decent amount of B6 and zinc. So that explains it. I'll try taking it with breakfast instead of at night. And yeah, I'll up my water intake. Good to know it's not just me. TeaTina112, dreaming about cooking? That's hilarious. I dreamed I was a gummy bear running from a giant. 😂
No prob. Also, if the metallic taste persists, maybe try a different flavor or brand. Some powders use cheap sweeteners that can cause that. I stick to unflavored and mix with smoothies. Safe travels!