Can I take my prenatal gummy with my morning coffee??
So I've been taking these prenatal gummies (the ones with folate, DHA, etc.) for a few weeks now. Every morning I have a big cup of coffee right after. Recently I've been feeling a bit jittery and wondered if the coffee is messing with absorption or something. Anyone know if it's safe to take them together? Or should I wait? I'm all about optimizing my stack, so any science would be appreciated.
OMG I was just wondering this! I take mine with my morning smoothie (usually berries and yogurt) and sometimes coffee. I haven't noticed anything weird, but I'm here for the taste hacks too. Do they taste better with coffee? Mine are strawberry flavor and coffee might clash lol.
As a retired nurse, I'd say it's generally fine but you might want to separate them by an hour or two. Caffeine can interfere with iron absorption if your gummy has iron, but many prenatals don't. Also, coffee can be hard on an empty stomach. I always took mine with breakfast. If you're jittery, maybe it's just the coffee. Check with your doctor if worried.
From a culinary angle, I'd say pair those gummies with something fatty for better absorption of fat-soluble vitamins. Coffee won't help there. Maybe have a spoon of peanut butter or avocado toast with them. And if you're worried about taste, coffee might actually mask the gummy aftertaste. Just my two cents!
Thanks for the replies! I'll try taking them with a snack instead of just coffee. And yeah, maybe the jitters are just from the coffee. I'll experiment and report back. Appreciate the tips!