Prenatal gummies turned dark & hard - still ok?? pls help

TeaTina787September 17, 2026
T
TeaTina787
Sep 17, 2026, 08:26 AM

Hey all, I've been taking the same prenatal gummies for a few months (the pink ones from Target). Just opened a new bottle and they're way darker than usual, almost brown, and rock hard. Also some are stuck together in a clump. I know sugar bloom is a thing but this seems different. Are they safe to eat? I'm 28 weeks and don't want to risk it. TIA!

H
HealthHacker673
Sep 17, 2026, 09:21 AM

I've had that happen with gummies before. Usually it's just moisture and heat causing them to melt and re-harden. Sugar bloom looks like a white powdery coating, but darkening is often oxidation. If they smell off or taste weird, toss 'em. But I'd call the manufacturer and ask for a batch number check. Better safe than sorry when you're pregnant.

D
DewyDaphne943
Sep 17, 2026, 08:56 AM

Ohh I had this with my iron gummies! They got sticky and then like... fused into a brick. I still ate them (oops) and nothing happened, but I'm not a doctor. Honestly if they're that hard, they might not even digest properly. Maybe just get a new bottle? Prenatals are important but so is not eating mystery candy lol.

O
OasisOliver682
Sep 17, 2026, 11:38 AM

I work in a pharmacy and we see this a lot in summer. If they changed color AND texture, that's a red flag. Could be heat damage or just expired. Check the lot number and expiration. If it's within date, contact the company—they'll usually replace it. Don't risk it, especially with a baby on board. Also, store them in a cool dry place, not the bathroom!

T
TeaTina787
Sep 17, 2026, 03:06 PM

Thanks everyone! I checked the expiration and it's still good until next year. I'll call the company tomorrow. For now I'll skip them and grab a fresh bottle. Appreciate the quick replies! <3