Sea Moss Gummies: Worth the Hype or Just Expensive Seaweed?

GummyGuru22September 15, 2026
G
GummyGuru22
Sep 15, 2026, 07:34 PM

Hey everyone, just saw this article: 'Sea moss has become a billion-dollar health trend. Is it worth the hype?' Here's a summary: # Sea Moss Has Become a Billion-Dollar Health Trend. Is It Worth the Hype? Sea moss, a type of red algae, has surged from a niche wellness ingredient into a mainstream billion-dollar industry, with s... What do you all think? Are sea moss gummies actually beneficial or just another fad? I'm curious about the community's thoughts.

K
KaleKen249
Sep 15, 2026, 08:18 PM

I've been using sea moss gummies for a few months now. As a vegan, I'm always looking for natural sources of nutrients, and sea moss is great for iodine and minerals. But honestly, the gummies often have added sugar and other junk. I prefer to get sea moss in powder form and add it to smoothies. That way, I know exactly what I'm consuming. The article is right to question the hype – a lot of these companies are just cashing in on the trend. Do your research and buy from reputable sources!

R
RhinoRich969
Sep 15, 2026, 09:22 PM

Sea moss gummies? No thanks. Most of them are loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners. If you're going to take sea moss, why ruin it with all that? I'll stick to capsules or straight sea moss gel. And let's be real, the health benefits are overblown. It's not a magic cure-all. But if you're going to do it, avoid the gummies unless they're sugar-free and made with clean ingredients. Just my two cents.

I
IvyIron95
Sep 15, 2026, 09:01 PM

I tried sea moss gummies for a while during marathon training. I didn't notice any dramatic difference in performance or recovery. Maybe they helped with hydration? Not sure. I think a lot of it is placebo. I'd rather spend my money on good whole foods and electrolytes. But if you like them, go for it. Just don't expect miracles. Also, check the iodine content – too much can mess with your thyroid.

E
EarthElias741
Sep 15, 2026, 11:50 PM

Med student here. Sea moss does contain iodine, which is essential for thyroid function, but excessive iodine can be harmful, especially for people with thyroid conditions. The gummies often have inconsistent amounts. Plus, there's limited scientific evidence for many of the claimed benefits. The billion-dollar industry is mostly marketing. If you eat a balanced diet, you probably don't need sea moss. But if you want to try it, talk to your doctor first. And as others said, watch out for added sugar.