Found Shilajit Gummies at Costco for $19.99 – Too Good to Be True?
Hey all, just got back from Costco and saw a big jar of Shilajit Gummies (90 count) for $19.99. Normally I see these going for $40+ online. Is this a steal or are they cutting corners? I know shilajit is supposed to be this expensive resin from the mountains, so how can they sell gummies so cheap? Should I stock up or avoid?
Ooh, I'd be careful with cheap shilajit. A lot of those gummies are just fulvic acid mixed with sugar and gelatin – no actual shilajit. Plus, if they're not third-party tested, you might be getting heavy metals. Costco usually has decent quality, but I'd check the label for 'purified shilajit extract' and see if it's from a reputable source. Also, are they vegan? If not, that's a no-go for me.
I actually tried those! They're not bad for the price, but don't expect the same potency as the pure resin. The gummies I got had 250mg per serving, which is on the lower end. If you're just starting out or want a convenient option, they're fine. But if you're looking for serious benefits like energy and cognition, you might need a higher dose. For $20, it's a decent intro. Just don't rely on them as your only source.
Thanks for the input! I checked the label – it says 'Shilajit Extract (as Fulvic Acid) 200mg' and it's from a brand called NutraChamps. No heavy metal warning, but not sure if it's third-party tested. I might grab one just to try. Jenny299, you mentioned heavy metals – is there a specific certification I should look for?
Look for GMP certification or third-party lab results. Some brands post them on their website. If they don't, that's a red flag. Also, if it's super cheap, they might use fillers like maltodextrin or artificial flavors. But hey, Costco has a good return policy, so you could always return it if you don't like it. Let us know how it goes!