Shilajit gummies making my pee neon yellow?? Anyone else?

GummyGuru22September 12, 2026
G
GummyGuru22
Sep 12, 2026, 04:39 PM

So I started taking these shilajit gummies about a week ago (the ones from that brand with the purple bottle). Overall I feel pretty good, maybe a bit more energy. But for the last 3 days my pee has been like... radioactive yellow. Almost glowing. It doesn't hurt or anything, and I'm not dehydrated (I drink tons of water). Is this a thing? Is it the shilajit or maybe the B vitamins in the gummy? Anyone else get this? Kinda freaking me out but also kinda funny lol.

I
IvyIron348
Sep 12, 2026, 05:30 PM

Med student here. Shilajit itself is unlikely to cause bright yellow urine. More likely it's the B vitamins (especially riboflavin/B2) that are often added to gummies. Riboflavin is literally yellow and your body excretes excess in urine. Totally harmless. If it's just color and no pain, fever, or dark brown, you're fine. But if you're worried, check the label for B2 or a 'B complex'. Also, shilajit can have minerals but not usually enough to change urine color. Stay hydrated and maybe take a break to see if it resolves.

C
CrystalCathy545
Sep 12, 2026, 06:01 PM

OMG yes! I had the same thing with a different brand of shilajit gummies. My pee was like highlighter yellow for like a week. I freaked out too but then I realized it was probably the B12 and riboflavin they put in there. I actually made a whole TikTok about it lol. Anyway, it went away after I switched to a brand without added vitamins. But honestly, if you're feeling good otherwise, I wouldn't worry. Just maybe don't wear white pants to the bathroom? 😂

E
EarthElias163
Sep 12, 2026, 10:24 PM

Interesting! I've been taking shilajit in powder form for years and never had that. But I did notice when I tried the gummies, my taste buds went a bit weird – like everything tasted slightly metallic for a few days. It passed. Maybe it's the fulvic acid? Or just your body adjusting. I'd say listen to your body. If it's just color, no biggie. But if you get any discomfort, back off. Also, make sure you're buying from a reputable source – some gummies have weird fillers.

G
GummyGuru22
Sep 12, 2026, 11:39 PM

Thanks everyone! I checked the label and yep, it has riboflavin and B12. So mystery solved I guess. I'll keep taking them and see if it levels out. And yeah, EarthElias, I did notice a slight metallic taste the first few days but that's gone now. Appreciate the reassurance!