Shilajit gummies on the go – will they melt in my carry-on? TSA ok?

FitnessFanatic614September 17, 2026
F
FitnessFanatic614
Sep 17, 2026, 02:51 PM

Hey everyone, I'm going on a road trip next week and then flying back. I just started taking shilajit gummies and I'm worried they'll turn into a sticky mess in the car or get flagged by TSA. Anyone have experience traveling with these? Do they melt easily? And are there any special storage tips for hot climates? I'm a mom on the go so I need practical advice!

S
SolarSam541
Sep 17, 2026, 04:49 PM

I've taken mine on a few flights. TSA didn't even blink. Just put them in your carry-on with other snacks. As for melting, depends on the brand. Some use gelatin, some pectin. If it's hot, they might get soft. I usually keep them in a small cooler bag with an ice pack if I'm driving. For flying, just zip them in a sandwich bag – no biggie.

O
OrganicOlivia895
Sep 17, 2026, 03:41 PM

Med student here – shilajit gummies typically have a lower melting point than chocolate, so yeah, they can melt in a hot car. Check the label for storage temps; most say below 77°F (25°C). If you're hiking, keep them in an insulated pouch. TSA: gummies are considered food, so no restrictions unless they're liquid-filled. But if they melt, they might look like a liquid gel – could be a hassle. I'd double-bag them. Also, avoid direct sunlight.

F
FitnessFanatic614
Sep 17, 2026, 07:21 PM

Thanks! So if they melt, are they still okay to eat? I don't want to waste money. And what about the texture? Will they re-solidify?

S
SolarSam541
Sep 17, 2026, 06:19 PM

They'll be fine to eat, just might be a bit gooey. You can pop them in the fridge to firm up. I've had mine melt into a blob and I just scooped it onto yogurt. No big deal. But if you're worried, get the ones with a higher gelatin content – they hold up better. Also, TSA might swab them if they look weird, but I've never had an issue.