Traveling with sleep gummies – will they melt in my carry-on?
Hey all! I'm going on a road trip next week, then a flight to Denver, and some hiking. I take melatonin gummies every night for sleep. Will they melt in a hot car or checked luggage? Also, what's the TSA rule for gummies? And any storage tips? I'm a retired nurse so I'm a bit paranoid about meds, but these are just supplements. Thanks!
I've traveled with gummies a lot. They can melt if it's really hot – like if you leave them in a car in the sun. I usually put them in my carry-on in a ziplock bag. TSA doesn't care about gummies, they're not liquids. But if they're in a big container, they might look suspicious? I've never had a problem. Just keep them in original packaging if you can. Also, don't leave them in a hot car, they'll turn into a blob. For hiking, I put them in a small airtight container. Hope that helps!
Honestly, why bother with gummies? They're mostly sugar and gelatin. But if you must, TSA will let them through. They might melt, yeah. I'd say keep them in a cool, dry place. But have you considered just taking melatonin tablets? They don't melt. Just saying. Also, check the label – some gummies have weird fillers. But you do you.
PurePete231, not everyone can swallow pills. And some people like the taste. Plus, gummies are easier to take on the go. But yeah, tablets are more stable. IndigoIris34, I forgot to mention: if you're flying, put them in your carry-on so they don't freeze in the cargo hold? Actually, cargo holds can get cold, but they're pressurized. I think they're fine. I've never had them freeze. But melting is the bigger risk. Also, if you're hiking, keep them out of direct sunlight.
Thanks FitnessFanatic922 and PurePete231! I'll definitely keep them in my carry-on and use a ziplock. I didn't think about the cold, but good to know. I'll also bring some tablets as backup. Appreciate the help!