Weird side effect from sleep gummies? Anyone else?
Hey all. So I started taking these melatonin + L-theanine gummies about 3 weeks ago because I was desperate for sleep. Work has been insane, averaging 5 hours a night. Anyway, the sleep is better, but the weird thing is my skin has cleared up like crazy. I'm 34 and still get occasional breakouts, but now my face is smoother than it's been in years. I haven't changed my diet or skincare. Could the gummies be doing this? Or am I just finally not stressed? Anyone else notice unexpected benefits?
Interesting! I'm all about natural stuff, and I've been taking a similar sleep gummy (vegan, no gelatin, organic). I started for insomnia, but I've noticed I'm way less anxious during the day. Like, I used to snap at my partner over little things, now I'm chill. I think it's the L-theanine? It's supposed to promote relaxation. But skin? Not sure. Maybe it's because you're sleeping better, so your body can repair itself. Either way, score! What brand are you using? I'm always looking for eco-friendly options.
Dude, that's not weird at all. Sleep is when your body heals. If you're actually getting deep sleep, your cortisol drops, inflammation goes down, and boom – better skin, less stress. I'm paleo, so I avoid most gummies because of the sugar and junk, but I make my own with honey and gelatin. Been sleeping like a rock and my skin's great too. But careful with melatonin – it's a hormone. Don't wanna mess with your natural production. How many mg are you taking?
Thanks for the replies! The brand is 'SleepWell Naturals' – they're vegan and use tapioca syrup instead of sugar. I take 3mg melatonin. I did some googling and apparently melatonin is an antioxidant, so maybe that's helping my skin? Also, I have been way more patient with my kids, which is a nice bonus. VibeVitamins, I'll DM you the link. Mike, I'll look into the DIY recipe, but I'm not sure I have the time. Anyone else have similar experiences?
Thanks for the DM! I checked them out – they're cruelty-free and use recyclable packaging, so I'm sold. I'll give them a try. And yeah, melatonin is a powerful antioxidant. There's some research that it can protect skin from UV damage and even help with eczema. So your skin improvement might be legit from the gummies themselves. Keep us posted!