RDs just dropped their top Vitamin C gummy picks — thoughts? 🤔

RhinoRich840September 16, 2026
R
RhinoRich840
Sep 16, 2026, 09:58 AM

So I saw this article going around where they asked a bunch of registered dietitians what Vitamin C supplements they actually recommend. Figured this crowd would have opinions lol. TL;DR of the article: most of them said food first (obviously), but if you're gonna supplement, go for ones that are third-party tested and don't have a ton of junk fillers. A couple mentioned gummies specifically but warned the dosing is usually lower than capsules. Link's in the... well, you know where. Anyone here actually take C gummies daily? I've been messing around with making my own with a DIY gummy kit and honestly the texture is a nightmare to get right. Curious if the store-bought ones are even worth it or if I'm just paying for candy with a health halo.

K
KetoKevin576
Sep 16, 2026, 11:49 AM

Been taking 500mg C gummies post-workout for like 8 months now. Honestly? I mostly take them cuz they taste good and I'm bulking so the extra carbs don't hurt lol. But real talk, the RD point about dosing is legit. Most gummies are like 100-250mg per serving. If you're actually trying to hit 1000mg for immune support during cold season you'd be eating a whole bag and getting a mouthful of sugar with it. I keep a bottle of plain ascorbic acid tabs for when I actually need a real dose and just use the gummies as a treat. Also pro tip if you're DIYing @RhinoRich840, add a little bit of citric acid to balance the sweetness. Game changer.

I
IndigoIris370
Sep 16, 2026, 02:04 PM

Interesting thread! I lean toward whole-food sources personally — bell peppers, acerola cherry powder, camu camu. I actually make my own gummies with acerola and grass-fed gelatin and they're amazing for the kiddos. But I won't knock a good quality gummy. Just READ THE LABEL. So many of them use corn syrup, artificial colors, and "natural flavors" which is a catch-all for who knows what. If a dietitian recommended it, I'd want to know what ELSE is in it, not just the vitamin C content. One thing the article prob didn't cover — absorption. Some people say you need bioflavonoids alongside the C for it to actually work. Curious what others think about that?

J
JoyfulJack882
Sep 16, 2026, 12:10 PM

Living out of a carry-on 9 months a year so gummies are a lifesaver for me. No liquid limits, don't need water, don't spill in my bag. I grab whatever's on sale at the pharmacy honestly 😅 But this thread is making me reconsider. Didn't realize the dose was that low on most of them. Might explain why I still got sick twice last winter lol. @IndigoIris370 do you sell those homemade ones or is that just for family? Asking for a friend 👀

R
RhinoRich840
Sep 16, 2026, 04:46 PM

@KetoKevin576 noted on the citric acid, I'll try that on the next batch. Last one came out tasting like sweetened chalk lmao. @JoyfulJack882 yeah the dose thing is the real takeaway here IMO. The article kinda glossed over it but 200mg per gummy is nothing if you're trying to actually supplement. Feels like half the appeal is just that they're pleasant to eat. Kinda wishing the RDs had named specific brands instead of dancing around it. Anybody got a brand they actually trust? Not tryna buy mystery gummies off the internet.