Best Vitamin D Gummies for Aging Parent + Fitness Freak Friend? Need Recs!

FloraFinn847September 9, 2026
F
FloraFinn847
Sep 9, 2026, 08:26 AM

Hey all, I'm looking to get a 'health pack' or some specific vitamin D gummies as a gift. My dad is in his 70s and needs more D (doc said so), and my best friend is a total fitness nut who's always looking for an edge. Any brand recs? I want something that tastes good but actually works. Not sure if I should get separate ones or a combo pack. Help a clueless gift-giver out! 😅

O
OasisOliver682
Sep 9, 2026, 09:59 AM

I've tried a bunch. For your dad, go with the Nordic Naturals Vitamin D3 gummies – they're soft, easy to chew, and have a mild berry flavor. My mom loves 'em. For your fitness friend, check out the Sports Research Vitamin D3 + K2 gummies. The K2 helps with absorption and bone health, which is great for athletes. Plus they're NSF certified. I got both on Amazon, quick shipping.

J
JoyfulJack265
Sep 9, 2026, 12:26 PM

Biohacker here. If your friend is into optimization, look for gummies with D3 + K2 (MK-7 form) and maybe some added magnesium. I use the 'Future Kind' vegan D3 gummies – they're made from lichen and have no gelatin. But for an aging parent, you might want to check with their doctor first because of interactions. Also, dose matters: 1000-2000 IU is standard, but some need more. Don't just grab any gummy at CVS.

S
SupplementSteve48
Sep 9, 2026, 11:23 AM

As a paleo dieter, I'm picky about ingredients. Most gummies have sugar or corn syrup – not ideal. But I make an exception for 'SmartyPants' because they use organic cane sugar and include omega-3s. Their vitamin D gummies are decent. For a fitness friend, though, I'd suggest a liquid D3 instead – more bioavailable. But if it has to be gummies, 'Garden of Life' has a good one. Just my 2 cents.

F
FloraFinn847
Sep 9, 2026, 12:34 PM

Thanks guys! I'll look into those. @OasisOliver682, do you know if the Nordic Naturals ones are hard to chew? My dad has dentures. And @JoyfulJack265, I'll tell my friend to check with his doc too. Appreciate the help!