Do Vitamin D gummies melt in a hot car? TSA? HELP!
Hey all, I'm going on a road trip next week and then flying to a hiking spot. I take vitamin D gummies daily (the ones from Costco, if that matters). Will they melt in a hot car? And what about TSA - do they count as liquid? Any tips for keeping them stable? I'm keto so I need my D3!
Honestly, gummies are a scam anyway. Just get pills or drops. But since you asked: yes, they can melt. I left some in my car once and they turned into a sticky blob. TSA might give you trouble if they're in a liquid-like state, but generally solid gummies are fine. Just put them in your carry-on.
Namaste, SolarSam. I travel with my gummies all the time. For road trips, keep them in a cooler bag or insulated pouch. TSA: they're not liquid, so no 3-1-1 rule. But if they melt, they might look suspicious. I always pack them in a small silicone bag with a silica packet to absorb moisture. Also, avoid direct sunlight - it degrades the vitamin D. Safe travels!
Thanks QuantumQuincy! Never thought about silica packets. Nina, I get that you're skeptical, but I like the taste and they're easier on my stomach. I'll try the cooler bag. Anyone else have TSA horror stories with gummies?
No horror stories because I don't rely on candy for my vitamins. But my friend got stopped because her gummies melted into a weird gel. TSA made her throw them out. So yeah, keep them cool. Or just switch to capsules. Just saying.