Teen Multivitamins 2026: Expert Review – What Do You All Think?
Hey everyone! Just came across this article: [link] "The Best Multivitamins for Teens in 2026: Expert Reviewed". It talks about how teens need specific nutrients and how the market is shifting. I'm curious what you all think. As a vegan, I'm always looking for plant-based options for my teen, but it seems like most of these still have gelatin or weird additives. Any thoughts?
Thanks for sharing, Liam. I retired from nursing last year, and I've seen way too many teens come in with deficiencies. Vitamin D is a big one, especially in winter. But I'm skeptical of these "expert reviews" – often they're just pushing brands that pay for placement. Always check the third-party testing seals like USP or NSF. And for vegan options, look for gummies with pectin instead of gelatin. My granddaughter takes a vegan D3 + K2 gummy and her levels are great.
Interesting read! I'm no expert, but I'm a weekend warrior – I run marathons and stuff. I give my teen a multivitamin with extra D and iron because she's always tired. But I wonder if these gummies have enough of the good stuff? The article mentioned something about absorption. Anyone know if gummies are as effective as pills? My kid hates swallowing pills, so gummies are a lifesaver.
I cook a lot from scratch, so I try to get nutrients from food first. But let's be real, teens don't always eat their veggies. I do give my son a D gummy because we live in a cloudy area. But I'm concerned about added sugars and artificial colors in some brands. The article didn't really address that. Does anyone have a favorite clean-label brand? Also, that link was super helpful – thanks OP!
Thanks for the tips, WaterWillow! I'll look for pectin-based ones. FloraFinn – I read that gummies can be less potent because of the binding agents, but if they're third-party tested, they should meet the label claims. EcoEllen – I feel you on the sugar. Some have 2-3g per gummy, which adds up. I wish more companies used natural sweeteners like monk fruit. Let's keep this thread going – maybe we can compile a list of vegan, low-sugar D gummies!