Vitamin D gummies are basically candy now? Am I the only one bothered?

TeaTina664September 17, 2026
T
TeaTina664
Sep 17, 2026, 03:14 PM

So I picked up a bottle of vitamin D gummies at the pharmacy yesterday, and I swear the label says 2g of sugar per gummy. TWO GRAMS. And the serving size is 2 gummies. That's 4g of sugar just to get my D. I might as well eat a handful of Skittles and call it a day. What happened to just swallowing a tiny pill? I feel like these companies are turning supplements into candy so we keep buying them. Rant over, but seriously, is anyone else annoyed by this?

A
AlphaAdam26
Sep 17, 2026, 04:06 PM

I work night shifts so I basically live on caffeine and whatever's quick. I switched to gummies because I kept forgetting to take pills. Yeah, the sugar isn't ideal, but I'll take a little sugar over being deficient. That said, I did notice my teeth feeling weird after a few weeks. Now I brush right after. But honestly, convenience wins for me. Not everyone has the energy to be a purist at 3am.

T
TeaTina440
Sep 17, 2026, 05:18 PM

As a fitness pro, I get the convenience angle, but you can find sugar-free gummies or liquid drops. I use a sublingual spray—no sugar, no calories, absorbs fast. The candy-fication is real though. I've had clients think they can eat 10 gummies because 'they're healthy.' That's a one-way ticket to a sugar crash and a vitamin D overdose (yes, that's a thing). Read labels, people. And don't take more than the serving size.

M
MountainMike539
Sep 17, 2026, 09:32 PM

I make my own gummy vitamins with gelatin and fruit juice. Way less sugar than store-bought, and I control what goes in. But I get that not everyone wants to play chemist in their kitchen. For me, it's about knowing what I'm putting in my body. The commercial ones are basically gummy bears with a vitamin dusting. No thanks. I'll stick to my DIY or just take a capsule with a spoonful of peanut butter.

T
TeaTina664
Sep 18, 2026, 12:06 AM

MountainMike539 that's actually a cool idea. Do you have a recipe you'd share? I'm tempted to try making my own. And TeaTina440, good point about overdose—I didn't even think about that. Maybe I'll look into the sugar-free options or just go back to capsules. But I still think the marketing is shady. They know kids will beg for these 'vitamins' like they're treats.