Traveling with ACV gummies - will they melt in my carry-on? TSA ok?
Hey everyone, I'm going on a road trip next week and then flying back. I take these ACV gummies with B12 and beet root daily for energy and gut health. I'm worried they'll melt in the car or in my luggage. Also, will TSA give me crap for them? They're gummies, not liquids, so should be fine, right? Any tips for keeping them fresh while traveling? Thanks!
I've traveled with gummies before. TSA usually doesn't care about solid gummies. But if they're coated or have liquid inside, sometimes they might flag as liquid. These ACV ones are probably fine. As for melting, depends on where you're going. If it's hot, they can get sticky. I'd keep them in a carry-on instead of checked luggage. Also, maybe put them in a cooler bag if you're hiking.
I'm a wellness influencer and travel constantly with supplements. Those gummies can melt if exposed to high heat (like above 80°F). I recommend transferring them to a small silicone bag or a pill organizer to save space and avoid a melted clump. TSA: gummies are solid, so no issue. But if you have more than 3.4 oz of liquid, that's different. Just declare them if unsure. Also, keep them away from direct sunlight in the car. Pro tip: freeze them before a long hike if you're worried about melting.
Med student here. ACV gummies with 'mother' can be sensitive to heat. The enzymes might degrade if they get too warm, so try to keep them below 77°F (25°C). If they melt, they might not be as effective. TSA: as long as they're not in liquid form, you're good. But if they're in a gel-like state, they might count as liquid. I'd suggest putting them in your personal item. Also, check the label for storage instructions. Safe travels!
Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely put them in my carry-on and maybe use a small cooler bag. I didn't think about them melting and losing potency. I'll also freeze them before the road trip. Appreciate the help!